 |
| The farms entrance |
 |
| Farm's side view from the main road |
When it
comes to diversity in all aspects, from our cultures to languages to foods,
South Africa becomes the best demonstrator of diversity.
 |
| Outdoor view |
 |
| Outside dinning area |
 |
| Kiddies turf |
 |
Happy kids
|
A close
family member introduced me to The Farmyard farmyard mid last year 2016 and I
have loved since. It is known for its farm themed touch and surroundings, with
homemade jams, bread, cakes, rusks and local products like biscuits, eggs, sauces and
many more. The farmyard is located at Melkbosstrand in the west coast line. The
farm is an epitome of farmhouse, shelves made from wood, the crow man, the
water barrels outside at the entrance of the shop, the huge pumpkin on top of
the roof and the windmill outside the entrance. I love it how when you enter
that shop, you just smell the breeze of the sea and the dashing of my shoes on
the wooden floor indicating that you have entered to another diverse dimension.
The shop has many products inside the shop just like a typical farmhouse where
it is cluttered with Ouma’s china, antique plates and cups and furniture inherited from her
mother, smelling like baked rusk and fine coffee. This is a great place to eat
at and to have a South African experience.
Since the place is packed with shop products inside, the farmyard has an
outside area where people sit and can dine with their close family or friends and
children can play in the set-up jumping castle, feed chickens, play with the
ducks in the pond. It is a very intimate shop and safe for kids to play around in and run up and down, a yard big enough to
host kid’s party and events. I could only hear the calming sea breeze sound, since the farmyard is located next to the main road one sees cars as part of their view but there's nothing more beautiful than the sight of a happy child laughing and running around because they are having some much fun and their innocent funny gags which feeds to my soul and uplift my spirit. And not only does it cater for kids and parents, I am a young person however I would like to think I have an old soul. This place accommodates, elderly people, adults and some young individuals who have old souls like me, but this is based on my observations. One of the many things my uncles loves here is that it requires no parking fee and is safe.
 |
| Farm chickens |
 |
| Local Products |
 |
| Old MacDonald breakfast special |
 |
| The extra care love service |
The farmyard is most active on Saturday mornings
where people come for their famous breakfast all day menu. The most “FARMOUS”
breakfast, judge by my observations during my visit, is the Old MacDonald had a
Farm which entails of 2 slices of freshly baked farmyard bread toasted ( which
is so delicious), 2 eggs, bacon, boerewors, sirloin steak, grilled tomato,
baked beans, pan friend mushrooms and onions with accompanied by fries all @
R99 only.
 |
| Famous breakfast menu |
 |
| Homemade bread |
Ever since I moved to Cape Town, I have never tasted true boerewors,
when I go eat at restaurant or whenever I buy by street vendors; however their
boerewors took me home together with their mouth-watering steak. Their food
just dances down your tummy, the food has so much personality. And the waiter regularly checked on us with beautiful smiles and not dragging to do his work. I think, one of their highlights for them was to get a visitation by Buddy Valastro, the owner of Carlo's Bakery and reality TV star from Cake Boss and Kitchen Boss which airs in TLC, from America. Their food is
not expensive at all, one can afford their meals, and they make you feel like
you are paying less than what you've asked for because of so much stuff that
comes before your actual order.
I am not a breakfast feast person nor am I an
ordinary breakfast person but whenever I go
to the farmyard, my appetite gets mysteriously triggered and I just want
to eat their delicious breakfast which
fills me up till the late-afternoon. To make the farm theme more fascinating,
they serve food in an enamel plates, which is one of the essence gesture which symbolizes
farmyard. The farmyard’s service also way too good, not even once when I went there and I experienced bad service. It has always been good, however they are bit
slow for me in terms of serving my food, farm yard cooks their food in a clean outside shack, to finish off the farm theme.
The farm served me a bran muffin, while I waited for my order it is very fresh and mouth-watering served with a
small juice, butter, jam and butter, this is one of the extra services the shop gives to its customers. I would
recommend it to anyone would like to have an outside farm experience. Below are the details to their spot should you want to experience this great "FARMVENTURE":
 |
| Local products |
 |
| Mr crow |
Address: W
Coast Rd & Birkenhead Dr, Cape Farms, Cape Town, 7441
Phone: 021 553 2563
Photos by:
Zomato [810]
No comments:
Post a Comment